Thursday 1 November 2007

Halloween and fire alarms!

NOTICE: This post does NOT contain any Harry Potter spoilers. It's perfectly safe to read!

First of all, I just want to say to all of you folks; I hope you had a nice All Hallow's Eve yesterday! My local Cineworld was rerunning the 1958 Dracula in celebration, but sadly I was busy and didn't get to see it.

And, of course, All Hallow's Day today! I hope you haven't forgotten. Yesterday was the eve of it, you know. The head of the senior school had a lengthly speech this morning regarding this day, although he somehow got onto the subject of Harry Potter, and couldn't help spoiling the ending to many startled, horrified gasps.

I'd point out some of the worst things he mentioned, but I don't want to spoil folks myself.

Anyway, off the subject of Halloween, and onto the briefly mentioned fire alarms. I was ushered out of the central dining room this morning due to the fire alarm in St Rule (a boarding house) going off. Everybody had to be evacuated from the canteen and St Rule, and stand in the cold for twenty minutes to be registered.

Thankfully, it seems that, if there was any fire at all, it was contained, and nothing got to the canteen, so we were allowed back in and we feasted.

Well, that's all for now. I guess I'll talk to you another time. Ciao!

No comments: